How to keep unwanted junk emails out of your InboxUNITRAi
A recent research report has revealed that more than 90% of all emails being exchanged on the Internet is spam. While it has become common for users to spend at least a couple of hours everyday going over their emails, unfortunately a majority of this time is spent deleting junk emails, unwanted newsletters and spam. This is not only a waste of time but also leads to a loss of productivity and focus. Wouldn’t it be great if there was an easy way for you to automatically unsubscribe yourself from all unwanted emails that somehow manage to make their way to your mailbox? By reducing the number of unwanted emails in your mailbox, you can save time and focus on more important things.
- If you are a Gmail user, then the good news is that all newsletters, promotions and subscription emails that you receive automatically get filtered to the Promotions tab of your mailbox instead of the Primary tab. This means that you can easily ignore thee unwanted junk emails coming to your mailbox and focus on only the important ones.
- If you open an unwanted junk email, promotion or subscription newsletter then more often than not, you will find that Gmail automatically displays an Unsubscribe link in the top header of the email. If you wish to stop receiving such emails in the future, then you can easily unsubscribe yourself by clicking on Unsubscribe link.
- While manually opening each and every unwanted email in your mailbox one by one and clicking on the unsubscribe link is quite effective, unfortunately it can be quite time consuming. Instead you could make use of the Mailstrom app (www.mailstrom.co) which automates the whole process of unsubscribing yourself from unwanted emails. To start the scanning process, open your browser to the Mailstrom website and enter your email address in the space provided. The best part is that the Mailstrom app works with any email service that supports IMAP including Gmail, Google Apps, Outlook, Apple, AOL and others.
- The MailStrom app scans your entire mailbox, analyses tens of thousands of email messages a once and displays a list of unwanted newsletters that you can easily unsubscribe from.
- Once MailStrom has successfully scanned your Mailbox, you need to click on the Unsubscribe link in the left menu to display all the email subscriptions that you are currently receiving in your email account. To view all the emails that you have received from a particular sender, simply click on their name.
- Once you have identified an email subscription that you want to stop receiving, select it and click the Unsubscribe button. You will be given the option to either directly unsubscribe from the email subscription or first delete all messages from the sender and then unsubscribe.